1. No purchase is required to enter. Enter at www.herecomethedogs.com.au from AEST 9am AEST Wednesday July 25 through to 9am AEST Monday August 4, 2014. Multiple entries are accepted. To enter write a short verse - any style, any form, of up to 100 words on any subject of your choice.
2. This promotion is open to Australian residents only 18 years and above with the exception of those related to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. The Promoter, Penguin Group (Australia), a division of Penguin Australia Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on–line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems and/or traffic congestion on telephone networks or lines that cause late or delayed entries, or for any lost and/or misdirected entries not received by the closing date.
3. Judging will commence at 10am AEST Monday August 4, 2014 at Penguin Group (Australia), 707 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3008 and the winners’ name and state will be announced at www.herecomethedogs.com.au from Midday AEST Tuesday August 5, 2014.
4. The winners will be notified by phone and or email. You must claim your prize within 14 days after we notify you.
5. Entries will be judged by written skill and creativity of reply.
6. Five people judged as winners will each receive a limited edition Here Come the Dogs t-shirt (valued at $25srp) and a signed copy of Here Come the Dogs by Omar Musa (valued at $29.99rrp). Each prize pack is valued at $54.99srp. The total prize value on offer is $274.95srp.
7. Do not send any additional creative materials apart from your written entry, as no material can or will be returned.
8. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will indemnify and keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person or third party. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
9. All entries become the property of Penguin Group (Australia).
10. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The total prize value on offer is $439.95. Penguin accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen, or misdirected prizes.
12. Participation is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services.If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its discretion (subject always to any direction given by a relevant gaming or lotteries authority) to cancel, terminate, extend, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter may in its discretion disqualify any individual who tampers or interferes with the participation process.
14. Each participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including without limitation negligence), for any loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
16. The Promoter is Penguin Group (Australia), a division of Penguin Australia Pty Ltd ABN 21 162 605 745, 707 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3008.